Congrats beginner knitters! Now that you've conquered the basics of DPNs and knitting in the round, we are pleased to offer you the next installment in the Begin to Knit Series- Mittens! Join Alison Doherty for our "My First Mitten" two session class that will teach you the anatomy of a mitten and all you need to know to create your first pair of basic mittens!
This class will teach participants how to increase in a pattern using the M1 stitches, how to make a thumb gusset, and how to pick up stitches to make a thumb on a mitten. Participants will leave the second session of the class with all the skills needed to finish their fist pair of mittens!
Prerequisites: Participants need to know how to do the long-tail cast on, how to knit and purl, how to make ribbing for the cuff (see Homework section), how to make the stockinette stitch, how to decrease in a pattern. These are all skills taught in our Begin to Knit 101, 102, and 103 classes!
Homework Prior to Class on June 17th: Participants are required to come to class with the cuff of their mitten completed prior to the start of class on June 17th at 12:00 pm. The pattern will be emailed to registered participants after checkout. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive a follow-up registration email with the pattern.
Homework Prior to Class on June 24th: Participants are required to complete their mitten to the decrease section that will be described in class on June 17th.
Cost: $60; class supplies are discounted 10%.
- Tuesday, June 17th from 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm.
- Tuesday, June 24th from 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm.
- This class is designed for someone who is an intermediate beginner knitter.
- Masks are optional unless CDC guidelines change.
- At this time, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required.
- Please read our Class Terms and Conditions and provide a phone number and email when checking out, so we can contact you if needed should a last-minute issue arise.