Our Begin to Weave class has always been one of our most popular courses, and we're offering it as a two-day weekend class. This class will take you through each step of the weaving process and is perfect for those who have not been able to previously commit to four class sessions.
Using a 4-shaft loom and cotton yarn, Dorothy will show you how to warp and calculate yarn for your own woven project, which you'll create over the two-day course. You'll be weaving with American Maid Cotton and weaving ten washcloths. Whether you're a beginner who wants to learn how to weave on a 4-shaft loom, or if you have some knowledge, but want to refresh your skills, this class is for you!
Space in this class is limited to four students for space requirements. We'll be holding this class downstairs in the Fernwood Studio. If the class fills up before you're able to register, please contact the store, and we'll add you to the wait list.
Instructor: Dorothy Tuthill
Cost: $240; Class supplies are discounted 10%
- American Maid Wash Cloths Kit. The kit ($65 value) is included in the cost of the class.
- Cowgirl Yarn will provide the looms.
- If you purchase any additional supplies for your project, you'll receive 10% off those items.
Dates and Times:
Saturday, January 28th: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday, January 29th: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Lunch is not provided. However, there are many wonderful dining options within walking distance. We also have a refrigerator, microwave, and stove if you prefer to bring your own lunch.
- On Saturday night, you'll be able to take a loom with you to continue working. If you need more time to complete your project after Sunday's class, the store will remain open later, as needed. If you do not finish the project on Sunday, you may take the loom home to finish the project.
- Please read our Class Terms and Conditions and provide a phone number and email when checking out, so we can contact you if needed should a last-minute issue arises. By signing up for a class or event at Cowgirl Yarn you agree to subscribe to our email list in order to receive communication and updates regarding your registration.