Have you ever wondered how knitters can use two "sticks" and some yarn and make such gorgeous garments, accessories, and other knitted treasures? Then this class is for you! We're pleased to offer this in-person Begin to Knit class, which is designed for the true beginner knitter.
Join Alison Doherty for this two-session class, which will teach you the basics needed to start knitting. You'll learn how to complete a cast on, the knit stitch, the purl stitch, a bind off, and a seaming technique, while working on two different headbands. These super fun, super warm headbands are a Wyoming winter must-have.
During the first class, you'll learn how to cast your stitches onto your needles and get comfortable with the knit stitch, so you can complete the garter stitch headband. Before the second class, you'll need to finish knitting this first headband. In the second class session, Alison will teach you how to bind off your stitches on the first headband and then seam the two ends together. Voilà! You've just completed your first knitted project! The second session will wrap up with casting on your second headband and mastering the purl stitch, which will prepare you to finish a second headband using the stockinette stich on your own.
Homework: Between the first and second sessions, students will be expected to come with their first headband ready to bind off.
Cost: $60; Class supplies are discounted 10%.
- Wednesday, June 8th from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm
- Wednesday June 15th from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm
Instructor: Alison Doherty
- This class is designed for someone who is a true beginning knitter. The class will focus on the basics needed to start knitting and does not presume any prior knowledge about knitting.
- Participants are free to wear masks for the class as they prefer.
- At this time COVID vaccination is required for all in store classes.
- Please read our Class Terms and Conditions and provide a phone number and email when checking out, so we can contact you if needed should a last-minute issue arise.