Scandinavian-style colorwork applied to a thoroughly modern shape makes Galloway an eye-catching piece that’s engaging to knit and pure fun to style. The exaggerated deep V of the open fronts can be overlapped and belted closed or left to hang in sculptural freedom. Trim raglan shoulders keep the fit tidy and stable above. Worked in the round with a steek, this pattern teaches and hones advanced knitting skills. The single-ribbed edge is picked up and worked after cut edges are secured with a tubular bind-off to match the tubular cast-on at the hem and cuffs. Indulge your love of color with four hues from the Shelter palette, but rest assured that only one round of the chart uses three colors at once.
Worsted-weight wool yarn:
925 (1030, 1130, 1325, 1435, 1555) yards of Color 1 (C1)
125 (150, 160, 190, 210, 235) yards of Color 2 (C2)
55 (60, 70, 80, 85, 95) yards of Color 3 (C3)
115 (130, 150, 170, 190, 210) yards of Color 4 (C4)
Brooklyn Tweed Shelter — 100% American Targhee-Columbia Wool (140 yards/50 grams)
7 (8, 9, 10, 11, 12) skeins of C1
1 (2, 2, 2, 2, 2) skein(s) of C2
1 skein of C3
1 (1, 2, 2, 2, 2) skein(s) of C4
Additional swatches are shown in the following colorways:
- Fest: Woodsmoke (C1), Cinnabar (C2), Fossil (C3), Long Johns (C4)
- Peat: Pumpernickel (C1), Hayloft (C2), Nest (C3), Woodsmoke (C4)
- Sangria: Pumpernickel (C1), Cinnabar (C2), Fossil (C3), Long Johns (C4)
- Walnut: Barn Owl (C1), Fossil (C2), Woodsmoke (C3), Meteorite (C4)
- Greyscale: Sweatshirt (C1), Fossil (C2), Soot (C3), Cast Iron (C4)
- Moss: Artifact (C1), Tallow (C2), Sap (C3), Fauna (C4)
- Delft: Old World (C1), Fossil (C2), Sweatshirt (C3), Flannel (C4)
- Goldsmith: Sweatshirt (C1), Fossil (C2), Bale (C3), Hayloft (C4)
- This is a physical pattern.
The samples shown here are photographed in colors Sweatshirt (C1), Fossil (C2), Bale (C3) and Hayloft (C4) & Old World (C1), Fossil (C2), Sweatshirt (C3) and Flannel (C4).