Hand-knitted socks are one of life's most wonderful luxuries! Learn how to craft a pair of socks that are guaranteed to keep your toes warm all winter long.
Using worsted-weight yarn and size 6 DPN needles, this class will teach you the basics of sock knitting, including casting on, using DPNs, knitting the leg and foot, turning the heel, and finishing the toe. Over the course of three classes, we will make quick progress and learn the ins and outs of sock construction. Then, when you are ready, you can graduate to smaller sock-weight yarns and smaller needles, as well as more complicated designs.
Prerequisites: We recommend knowing how to work with double point needles in advance so you don't have so many skills to learn during this class. You can take our Begin to Knit 103 Class, Double Point Needles prior to this in March! Participants must know how to cast on, knit, and purl.
Instructor: Alison Doherty
- Saturday, May 20th from 10:30 am to 12:00pm
- Saturday, June 3rd from 10:30 am to 12:00pm
- Saturday, June 17th from 10:30 am to 12:00pm
- This class is intended for participants who know how to cast-on, knit, and purl.
- Please read our Class Terms and Conditions and provide a phone number and email when checking out, so we can contact you if needed should a last-minute issue arise. By signing up for a class or event at Cowgirl Yarn you agree to subscribe to our email list in order to receive communication and updates regarding your registration.