The Quick Sand cardigan is a garment that will quickly become your favorite go-to piece! This light, yet warm, sweater is the perfect companion for outdoor events, cool evenings, misty mornings, and anytime you need to fend off a chill.
While the garment itself is perfect for any occasion, the best part is that the pattern is great for first-time sweater knitters, as well as more experienced knitters. This cardigan is worked from the top down using a circular yoke construction. This fun construction, combined with a large gauge, makes for a fast and addicting knit.
This class will guide you through the techniques that you need to knit a successful Quick Sand Sweater, including how to read the pattern for your size and how to do the lifted increases, as well as how to do the short rows and finishing techniques.
Prerequisites: This class is for an advanced beginner knitter. Students should be familiar with the knit stitch, purl stitch, knitting in the round, picking up stitches, and increases and decreases.
Homework: Knit, wash, and block a swatch; make sure it meets gauge before starting the rest of the homework. Come to the first class with the appropriate number of stitches for the sweater already cast on.
Cost: $160.00, Class supplies are discounted 10%.
Instructor: Robbie Feuerstein
Saturday, October 22, 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Saturday, November 5, 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Saturday, November 19, 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Saturday, December 3, 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
- This class is for an advanced beginner knitter and will be held in person.
- Class size is limited to six students.
- Masks are optional depending on CDC Guidelines at the date and time of a class.
- At this time COVID vaccination is required for all in-store classes.
- Please read our Class Terms and Conditions and provide a phone number and email when checking out, so we can contact you if needed should a last-minute issue arises.
**Image is property of Heidi Kirrmaier