Dorothy has once again created a magical, woven piece using a rigid heddle loom, and this two-day class will teach you how to make your own personalized treasure bag, while also teaching you various hand manipulation techniques that will add color and texture to your weaving projects.
Space in this class is very limited. If the weather is lovely, we will have the class outside on the patio. However, if this is not an option, the class will be held downstairs in the Fernwood Studio, and we will practice social distancing. Participants will be required to wear face coverings or masks. If the class fills up before you're able to register, please contact the store, and we'll add you to the waitlist.
Instructor: Dorothy T.
Supplies to bring or purchase:
- Cricket loom and 12 dent reed
- Two or more stick shuttles (Shorter is better, and one for each yarn color is best.)
- 3/2 Lunatic Fringe cotton cones
- Several fabric strips for the header
Date and time:
Saturday, October 16th and Sunday, October 17th, 2021: 12:00-4:00 pm
- The sample that Dorothy wove and which is shown here uses five colors. You can use between two and five colors to create your one-of-a-kind treasure bag.
If you purchase any additional supplies for your project, you'll receive 10% off those items.
Looms will be available to borrow for a limited amount of time, if needed. Just let us know.
- If you do not finish your homework on Saturday during class, you will need to finish it before the second class begins on Sunday.
- This class is appropriate for an adventurous beginner weaver or someone who wants to learn new skills using a rigid heddle loom.
- Please read our Class Terms and Conditions and provide a phone number and email when checking out, so we can contact you if needed should a last-minute issue arise.