Fans of the film "Cold Comfort Farm," based on Stella Gibbons’s witty 1932 novel, will recognize that this sleek, slouchy topper was inspired by the white cap worn by Flora Poste during her railway journey from London to Beershorn Halt.
When Kate put this hat on for the photo shoot, she literally sighed—and cast on for her own just as soon as she could. The Blue Sky Alpacas Alpaca Silk knits up elegantly, embodying perfect cool drape that sits on your head with a pleasing weightiness. Our seed-stitch version in alpaca and silk travels well from town to country and spans the seasons neatly.
One size: To fit 21–22"/53–56cm head. Approx. 20"/51cm around x 9"/23cm tall.
2 skeins Blue Sky Fibers Alpaca Silk (146 yds/134m each) or approx. 195 yds/178m of an equivalent sport-weight silk blend.
Needles & Notions:
- US 3 (3.25mm) 16"/40cm circular and double-point needles, or size to obtain gauge.
- US 2 (2.75mm) 16"/40cm circular needles, or .5mm smaller than gauge needle.
- 7 stitch markers (1 in a different color to designate beginning of round).
- Darning needle to finish after blocking.
- This is a physical pattern.
- The samples shown here are photographed in Ecru and Garnet.