Akin to a favorite sweatshirt, but a little more refined, this boxy pullover slips easy over layers or wears perfectly on its own. We love it all week long, all year round! The sleeveless version drops neatly off the shoulders, while the three-quarter length sleeves stay comfortably out of the way. Choose a cozy tweed, like Rowan Felted Tweed, when you’d like a bit of extra warmth. Or pick a cooler plant fiber, like our combo of Shibui Cima and Twig, for a nice, transitional piece.
Sizes: S (M, L, XL).
Finished bust: 40 (46, 52, 58)"/101.5 (117, 132, 147)cm.
To fit bust: 28–32 (34–38, 40–44, 46–50)"/71–81 (86–96.5, 102–112, 117–127)cm with approx. 8–12"/20–30cm of ease.
Sleeveless version: Approx. 1070 (1240, 1395, 1570) yds/978 (1134, 1276, 1436)m DK-weight yarn.
To add sleeves: Add approx. 200 (210, 210, 220) yds/183 (192, 192, 201)m more.
For custom lengths: To lengthen or shorten body, add or subtract approx. 35 (40, 45, 50) yds/32 (37, 41, 46)m of yarn for each 1"/2.5cm of knitted body length.
Needles & Notions:
- US 6 (4.0mm) needles and 16"/40cm circular needle, or size to obtain gauge.
- US 5 (3.75mm) 24"/60cm circular needle, or one size smaller than gauge needle.
- US D/3 (3.25mm) crochet hook for provisional cast-on.
- 5 yds/m smooth DK-weight waste yarn for provisional cast-on and ‘lifelines’.
- 30 locking markers.
- 2 stitch markers, one in contrasting color.
- 5 stitch holders.
- Darning needle to finish.
- This is a physical pattern.
- We love the versatility of this garment. Play with different yarns or yarn combinations to create a fabric you’ll love. Knit a generous swatch, one that’s at least 6” x 6”. And don’t skip the wet blocking. After your swatch has a chance to rest, it will tell you if you’ve got a nice fabric that has both drape and body.
- With the generous amount of ease built into this garment, try thinking in terms of what type of ease you would like, instead of a specific size. You may find that there are multiple sizes that would suit you, lending to a wide range of styling options!