Authors: Kay Gardiner & Ann Shayne
Dear Fellow Knitter,
Welcome! Come on in. Have a seat—we’ve been waiting for you.
Ever since our first book, Mason-Dixon Knitting: The Curious Knitters’ Guide
, we’ve been exploring techniques and ideas that we once thought were the sort of thing that only brilliant knitters could do.
Our conclusion: We are all brilliant knitters!
None of this is rocket science! If you can knit a garter stitch scarf, you’ve figured out the hard part. Now it’s time for the fun to start. You hold in your hands the result of our odyssey. It’s a new collection of 30 delicious projects that we hope will take you on your own knitting adventures.
- Decorating Yourself: A collection of beautiful things to make for your most demanding (and forgiving) client.
- The Fairest Isle of All: A simple, quick introduction to a sort of knitting you may not have considered, with surprising, modern projects.
- Covering the Small Human: Pint-sized knits, including baby hats, dreamy dresses, and a cool pullover for the ultimate challenge: the Older Child.
- Occasional Knitting: Projects for the special occasions in life—holidays, housewarmings, picnics.
- The Sophisticated Kitchen: New uses for one of our favorite yarns: kitchen cotton.
We have filled this book with luscious photographs, stories, tips, rules, and hints. You’ll read how we arrived at these projects and the discoveries we have made along the way, and you will discover shocking things about us.
At all times, we have kept in mind Mason-Dixon Knitting Rule Number 1 : Knitting is supposed to be fun. Fasten your seatbelt—it’s going to be a fabulous ride!
Kay and Ann