The Chevron Lace Wrap and Scarf offers a fine fabric that’s floaty but not altogether sheer—perfect for indoor wear or shoulder season. Arrow-like chevron panels stockinette stitch and eyelet lace alternate for geometric simplicity in two generous sizes (even the scarf is wrappy.) We designed this pattern using a fingering-weight yarn. Choose a plant fiber (like Shibui Reed) for a cool drape, or something woollier (like Shibui Pebble) for soft warmth!
Wrap: Approx. 21½ x 78"/54.5 x 198cm, after blocking.
Scarf: Approx. 14½ x 66"/37 x 167.5cm, after blocking.
Wrap: Approx. 1450 yds/1326m fingering-weight yarn.
Scarf: Approx. 890 yds/814m fingering-weight yarn.
Needles & Notions:
- US 4 (3.5mm) needles or size to obtain gauge.
- Locking markers (5 for wrap, 3 for scarf).
- Darning needle to finish.
- Blocking wires and T-pins.
- This is a physical pattern.
- Although it isn’t critical that your finished size is spot on, it’s always good to swatch to make sure that you like the fabric. The beauty is all in the blocking. There’s nothing like seeing a lace project transform after a good soak and pinning!
- Pick a good needle with a sharp tip, to help you with those double decreases.